We are the first precast plant in the Buried Infrastructure industry to earn this certification. Our designation of “Platinum” is the highest level achieved in all buried pipeline products.
- Our concrete pipe and precast products are made of completely natural and raw materials and are Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) free
- Our products have the longest life cycle of any product for sewer, water, utility, and storm drain systems
- Our products are completely chemically inert.
We have been certified sustainable to the triple bottom line: this means good for the environment, the economy and the global community.
In order to qualify for SMaRT Certification, a company’s products must meet the following criteria:
- Provide Feedstock Inventory Documentation
- Document the Input and Output of Stockholm Chemicals
- Maintain a Manufacturing Facility Energy Inventory
- Keep an Inventory of all Biobased and Recycled Content Materials
- Have EMS Environmental Policies and Targets
- Have Social Indicator Reporting for Manufacturers (working conditions)
- Use ISO Life Cycle Assessment process
- Have Operational Reclamation and/or Sustainable Reuse Programs
- Have Product Performance Durability (long lasting products)