Precast concrete vaults are an ideal solution for the most challenging job site conditions. There are a variety of standard shapes that can be provided, including round, square, or rectangular. Custom shapes are also available and will meet the most severe loading requirements.
Our custom precast concrete vaults are manufactured in a controlled environment utilizing the latest quality control techniques to give you the quality assurance you deserve prior to arriving on the job site.
Precast concrete water vaults house potable water products, such as valves, backflow devices and water meters. Columbia Precast Products’ concrete vaults will provide a safe, water-tight environment for the monitoring and maintenance of your water system.
There are various accessories available that will provide safe working conditions, such as access ladders, safety nets, access hatches and ladder-up safety posts. Some typical applications include wet wells, water meters, valve chambers and backflow preventers.
Precast concrete vaults are the ideal product for use in the non-potable water treatment process. We offer a variety of sizes and capacities that can serve any need. There are a wide range of treatment processes that can be achieved in a precast concrete vault, from a simple oil/water separator to a more complex filter unit.
Another positive feature when using a precast concrete unit is that there is easy access for maintenance. Precast concrete vaults are engineered to meet the most severe loading requirements and job site conditions.
Some typical applications for concrete vaults include:
- Oil/water separators: An oil/water separator intercepts oil in stormwater runoff, preventing it from reaching the local water and sewage system. It’s integrated into a larger water treatment system and offers protection from surface water pollution. A precast separator will improve the process by enhancing the coalescing and gravitational separation. This also reduces the otherwise frequent need for maintenance and cleaning.
- Grease interceptors: These ensure fats, oils and grease are kept from the wastewater as it leaves a restaurant or commercial kitchen. These are often required by city municipalities.
- Coalescing plate separators: Certain sites require specific oil removal design, such as gas stations, automotive shops and industrial loading facilities. For these, we recommend installing coalescing plate separators, which are highly efficient with oil removal. They utilize polypropylene coalescing media, which are highly selective and are used to remove large amounts of oil in a body of water.
- Media filter processes: These typically involve a large vault that’s used in stormwater treatment. It’s a cost-effective solution to needing multiple filtration units, and often in need to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Construction usually involves built-in or cast-in frames, adjustable weirs and other methods to ensure high quality control.
- Fuel spill/containment processes: We offer multi-component containment structures—with primary and secondary tanks as well as engineered outer vaults—to provide storage solutions that are impact resistant and promised to last. These are best used for fuel dispensing, oil storage and generator applications.
Advantages of Precast Concrete Vaults
- We can assure high strength and durability of concrete vaults with stringent factor quality controls.
- Custom engineered design offers flexibility.
- Speedy and contractor friendly installations reduce exposure to prolonged open excavations.
- Precast concrete vaults come with a long list of options, such as water-tight pipe penetrations, custom coatings or linings, steps or ladders, vents, and much more.